Saturday, November 1, 2014

Day 2 of my "Solo Journey"

November 1, 2014 ( 2 down and 41 to go)

Went to bed with a migraine last night. It seems to be pretty regular that I will have a migraine whenever the weather changes. Worth it though to not be so hot anymore.

Today started with another beautiful sunrise, although it was already there when I woke up at eight. Sophie did not mind. So after a few minutes on the balcony (while making my juice of life - coffee), we were off for our morning walk. We walked 2/3 of the street and she did great. She was even hungry when we got home (I was told she did not have much of an appetite when she is at a kennel so hopefully that problem will not rear its ugly head). Her human left her canned Mackerel. Dear lord does that stuff stink. I think me and Sophie will be having our meals on the balcony for a while - at least until the Mackerel is gone. Her on one end and me on the other.

I took the time last night and this morning to work on some general maintenance on Marsha (Sophie's human) computer. We work every week on the computer, IPad, and IPhone - but rarely is there time to do all the maintenance that is needed on a computer. Now it is running much better. First item on my list finished.

As I was working, Sophie started barking on the balcony. It is the first noise that she has made since I have been here. She is very quiet and also has recently lost her hearing. When ran into the house, spinning in circles. Then she started lapping the house and acting like a puppy. She is 13 years old and this is very uncharacteristic. She was still barking so I thought maybe she needed to go out again. Even outside she kept spinning in circles and barking so I took her back in - I thought she might pull loose from me. She just must have got a burst of energy from the additional walking. She appears to be fine.

Sunset over the river - it is really back there. I swear.
I was all ready to start my first course when I realized that my laptop cord was still at my store. So, back in my car I went. I love it up here, but the ride back and forth to my store would kill me if I had to do it each day. I know many people who drive 70 miles to Orlando to work, and my typical drive is 10 minutes and four miles. This is about 10 one way straight down the beach. I have not bothered timing it because I am trying not to dwell on it.

After I returned later in the day (bookkeeping finished at the store - yippee), the temperature was really dropping and the wind was very strong. We walked all the way to the river and back. It was definitely cold with the wind making it feel about twenty degrees less, but again, there was a pretty sunset.

Now I am kicking back to a couple movies, catching up on email, and getting all my ducks in a row so that tomorrow evening I can begin.

Tomorrow I will be going to my house and seeing my husband and doggies. I miss them all - gonna be a long six weeks to be away from them.

(Additional info: I tried a Newcastle Werewolf Blood Red Ale today. I really like this beer. It is very mild with a great flavor and no aftertaste.)









No comments:

Post a Comment